Re: [Denemo-devel] Barlines and time signatures

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Barlines and time signatures
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 14:32:18 +0100

On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 14:28 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-10-10 at 08:44 -0400, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> > Hello developers and denemo devotees
> >

> > I'm trying to put in dotted lines for barlines as they show up in
> > Arvo Part's Magnificat and other music without meter. Is there a
> > command for that?
>
> Well, it is not built-in to Denemo. You can create one as follows
>
> Score->Typesetter->Custom Barline
>
> It asks for a name, I took the default "A", but you could call it
> "Dotted" I guess.
> Then it asks for the appearance the barline should have in all the
> various positions - by looking up the LilyPond documentation I saw that
> exclamation mark "!" is the special sign for a dotted barline,

actually there is also ";" for another sort of dotted line - the list is
here:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/bars#index-bartype-1

Oh, and there is a new Denemo binary at

http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-0.0.0-0.mingw.exe

which you may need - this bar line defining thing is quite new.