Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme question

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme question
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 08:42:38 +0000

On Sun, 2014-10-26 at 08:20 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 25.10.2014 um 23:18 schrieb Richard Shann:

> >> You're right, thank you. Now there is still one thing I do not
> >> understand. With the traditional form of (d-GetMidi) as in angry delete,
> >> the midi channel is always 0. But if I use the #f option in d-GetMidi to
> >> return a  byte list (as shown below), the channel is shown correctly.
> >
> > This is done for backward compatibility - previously written scripts
> > could fail if the previous behavior were changed.
> > It should be documented in the help of the command ...
>
> I see, the traditional form of d-GetMidi sets the bank to 0. As I use
> the new form of d-GetMidi, is there also an option to use d-PutMidi with
> the byte array returned by (d-GetMidi #f)?

I didn't add that (yet), looking at the code I notice there are two
commands

(d-PutMidi value)
and
(d-OutputMidi value)
the second of these directly outputs the MIDI event value to the MIDI
out, the first does something trickier:
        1) it turns off any MIDI filter
        2) simulates the arrival of the value as if it came from the MIDI in
device
        3) turns back on any MIDI filter that was active.

Richard