Re: [Denemo-devel] inserting chords

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] inserting chords
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 18:22:06 +0100

As entering the pitches first is the recommended procedure, I mostly use
it as well. Though once I get my script working, I will try another
workflow where I enter durations and pitches simultaneously -- with one
hand on the keys (for the pitch) and one hand on the trigger pads of my
master keyboard (for the duration).
For changing notes in a chord (which I often do while arranging), I do
not know a good way. When I press a key on the MIDI keyboard while
holding the alt key on the PC keyboard, a note is added, but I cannot
remove a note of the chord that way. (I would expect that pressing the
key of a note that is already present in the chord would delete it, but
in fact the note in inserted a second time into the chord.) So in 90% of
the cases I fall back to removing the chord and re-entering the changed
one, but that is not very efficient. Is there something I am missing?
The easiest way I can think of would be to be able to edit a chord while
holding the sustain pedal, i.e. pressing a key would add or remove a
note of the chord depending on whether it is already present in the chord.

Andreas