Re: [Denemo-devel] Using denemo for drum notation

From: Dan MacDonald
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Using denemo for drum notation
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 20:30:58 +0000

Hi Richard

Now there *is* a script (stored at Edit->Select->Apply Shortcut to
Objects in Selection) which does what that label implies and the tooltip
spells out a bit more, it puts the cursor on the first object in the
selection and then intercepts the keyboard keypresses command execution.
When it gets the command that would be executed it executes it and then
it also moves the cursor to the next object in the selection and again
intercepts the keyboard keypresses command execution.

I'm glad that I finally achieved  my aim of adjusting multiple notes at once but I don't think it shoud've been this tricky as to require multiple emails to explain.

I  don't understand why the user should have to choose 'Apply Shortcut to Objects in Selection' before selections work as the user would expect? Surely the user would always want shortcuts to apply to every selected note otherwise they wouldn't select more than one note?

There must be a reason you have introduced this extra step but I can't think what it would be?

Thanks