Re: [Denemo-devel] Error opening old score

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Error opening old score
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 17:31:40 +0000

On Thu, 2014-12-25 at 18:13 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Thank you for your help. I thought I looked through all directives but I
> did not see that one before (i.e. after deleting the two mensural
> barlines directives under score directives). Maybe I just looked under
> Score->Edit Score directives. Is there a way to show all directives
> without having to try out all possible categories or guess where it may
> be?

I think this sounds like something that could be done fairly easily -
there is already something for directives in the music (standalone,
note, chord, timesig ... directives) so something that collected up all
the tags for the others can't be too hard. I've submitted a bug report
for this.

>  Or still better, is there a way to show the directive causing a
> lilypond error?

Well, this error was failing to report back at all, on my machine the
typesetting hung. I exported the LilyPond and ran LilyPond on it (using
Frescobaldi) to see the error message.
I think the LilyPond output could be augmented to include a comment
saying which type and tag was issuing which bit of LilyPond text in the
non-music parts of the score.
I've created a bug report for this too.

> My dream would be to open an old score and it works at once without
> having to look through all possible directives what might cause an error.

That's been my intention all along. Did the Mensural Barlines command
change without any way of coping with old versions?

Richard