Re: [Denemo-devel] binreloc for mingw builds?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] binreloc for mingw builds?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 09:13:32 +0000

On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 23:12 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I found that mingw build was already relocatable.
> http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-1.2.0-win_rococ_test.zip
>

> I tested it in windows 7 and the fonts did not show.
is that after re-booting as well?
>  I going to see if I can run fc-cache or something in a script. Do you
> know how to set environment variable in windows?

yes, there is a command line method which I got bizarre results with,
but the way that works is to use a GUI that has stayed the same over all
these versions (and ridiculously primitive).
You start at the  Control Panel and click System and then there is
button somewhere that says Advanced system settings and then there is
Environment Variables which gives a panel in two halves for System wide
and User environment variables. The actual thing to edit for, say, PATH
is then a one-line entry widget, so you have to arrow along it to look
at it in the small space allowed.  It is separated by the opposite sort
of separator to unix ( ; or : )
Finding the Control Panel has gotten difficult in some of these recent
versions of windows - I have blundered my way to it several times but
can't say how it is done.

*BUT* we can set environment variables from GTK, there is a bunch of
attempts to do this in there already.

Richard