Re: [Denemo-devel] Question about manipulating staff spacing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Question about manipulating staff spacing
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 15:02:38 +0000

> Hello Richard and all,
>
>    I'm working on a piano-vocal score and trying to get the page turns
> to be freindly to the pianist. I know how to put in page breaks, but
> the result is widely spaced staves

The terminology you need here is "systems" not staves. (There are two
staffs in each system for piano music, but you don't want to space those
staffs further apart, rather it's the system spacing ...).
Knowing that, looking in Score->Typesetter->...
you will see at least three commands to do with system spacing.
They are rather scattered about in the menu - a good tidy up is needed -
and I suspect there are more, and possibly more useful bits of LilyPond
syntax that could be used.

> --so widely that lilypond generated an extra page. Can I manipulate
> staff spacing?

The file you sent is too big to reach the mailing list. If you have a
problem generating what you want and you have a large file that can't be
made smaller to illustrate the problem then you could try compressing
your file before sending it.

Happy New Year!