Re: [Denemo-devel] binreloc for mingw builds?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] binreloc for mingw builds?
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 18:33:13 +0000

On Sun, 2015-01-18 at 12:56 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:

> I have tested this on a virgin (*) machine (windows 7 or 8) and see
> the
> same thing. I can see why too - the denemo C code in main.c/utils.c is
> assuming the fonts will be in  usr/share/denemo/fonts/ while the zip
> file has them in usr/share/fonts
>
> I can test this out later,

I did this testing with baffling results. The feta.ttf font was found
without any reason for it to be found, and the denemo.ttf font refused
to be found even though I put it in all possible places AND ran the
regfont utility and the regfont utility reported it was successfully
installed. I despair of windows and fonts. I have one machine that now
always displays all the fonts even though they are not installed, and
another that refuses to display one of them despite using regfont etc.

I can only suggest that you post up a version of the zip file that works
on XP for you Jeremiah and I will test it on the virgin laptop that I
can get access to.