Re: [Denemo-devel] Import filter for CapXML

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Import filter for CapXML
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 16:13:26 +0100

On Sat, 2015-04-04 at 16:54 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 03.04.2015 um 15:33 schrieb Richard Shann:
> > On Fri, 2015-04-03 at 15:01 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> [...]code starts #ifdef DEVELOPER.
> >
> > I'll be happy to help!
>
> I see. I will look into that next weekend. (Then I'll have a six hours
> train ride which is perfect for such a work.) Thank you for your offer
> to help, I probably will come back to it.
>
> Before I read your mail I had found out that MuseScore can import
> Capella files and export MusicXML. So I tried that way. In MuseScore the
> score looks good, but after import of the MusicXML in Denemo I still
> need lots of editing.
>
> If I can get the Capella import to work, hopefully the situation with
> importing files into Denemo gets better.

Another possibility would be to improve Denemo's musicXML import - the
sort of trouble I see is things like time signature changes and double
barlines getting repeated, and problems with upbeats (anacrusis...). I
stopped working on it once it was importing the bulk data as the sort of
score I import doesn't have much if any time signature changes (etc) and
there is only one upbeat per movement (etc).
Can you send me a problematic example of musicXML output from MuseScore?
If it is bad output from MuseScore then directly importing Capella files
might be a way to go as I guess Capella is storing information in an
easier to read form than musicXML. It is easier to write bad musicXML
than to try to read any sort of musicXML - did you try reading back the
musicXML into MuseScore?

Richard