Re: [Denemo-devel] Import filter for CapXML

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Import filter for CapXML
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 16:51:51 +0100

On Tue, 2015-04-07 at 21:41 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Deleting the extra staffs manually is surely quicker than writing a
> scheme script to do that.

Of course - it is only if they keep on appearing in many scores that you
would consider doing it.

>  More interesting would be the reason for the
> extra staffs (they don't appear when importing in MuseScore).

No, but then MuseScore generated that musicXML so may expect the quirk
it (may have) introduced. The Denemo code makes a first parse through
the score to discover how many voices there are, declares storage for
them and then makes another parse to populate them with data. It may
just be that MuseScore numbers its voices with gaps in the numbers
or ... who knows?

> By the way, also on MIDI import
which sort of MIDI import?

Richard