Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo User Manual (draft PDF)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo User Manual (draft PDF)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 11:56:02 +0100

I forgot to add the mailing list to this email.
A further point I meant to mention is that we should generate the PDF without
(large or any) margins.
This is because the vast majority of uses of it are viewed on a screen,
not paper. The margins are not useful and make the text more difficult
to read.

On Sat, 2015-06-13 at 06:38 -0400, Cantor Stuart Binder wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Attached is the newer version of denemo.css. All I have done for now is add a
> little breathing room around the "note" boxes.

I've put this in git now.

> The version of denemo-manual.html in git looks good, but the one currently
> posted on the denemo.org website has some problems (poor formatting and
> strange characters). Were these from different exports?

Under Documentation->Manual is a link to the current denemo-manual.html
file in the source repository, this will display without finding
denemo.css nor the images. I don't have write permission to that, so I
have asked Eloi or Jeremiah to change it to point to the
denemomanual.pdf file which will display properly.

I have also changed the link on the Tutorials page to point to the pdf.

> Also, please don't forget to pull out

that is "delete temporarily"? I have deleted (temporarily) that
numbering box thing, generated the html and checked that into git. I
didn't spot the problem before but I hope it is fixed now.