Re: [Denemo-devel] New Binaries?

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] New Binaries?
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 11:44:27 -0500

Oh. I just clicked edit label and wrote turn in and the svg appeared. Why don't we just do that!

Jeremiah

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Jeremiah Benham <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 2:11 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
And another thought - it would be possible to check if the labels are,
in fact, displaying in the Denemo font (just failing on certain code
blocks).

I think you are right. After some investigation I found that the only fonts it is displaying correctly are the ones that have similar fonts to back up on like the Apple fonts.

That is, by altering denemo.ttf so that the letter "a" for example

I have altered the A and was unable to see my change and did not have time to investigate why.

appeared drawn differently it should be possible to see that. You will
need to remove any old denemo.ttf that may be installed (actually -
there is an ancient version of denemo.ttf early in the repository which
has alphabetical characters replaced with strange characters, just
copying that in place of the current one would do it).

(Oh, and a simple point, but if you change
Edit->Change Preferences->Miscellaneous Default Font Specification
to Denemo 22 or some other size, does it change size?)

When I change font size the D384 thingy becomes squared instead of rectangular and the other fonts got bigger.

So why isn't the denemo font being used? Why isn't denemo or pango complaining about it?
You asked what has changed. The answer is almost everything. When we required a later version of glib this caused a problem because I could not upgrade it in gub. I then decided to natively compile it using macports. When I did this everything changed! The defaults were guile2 and gtk3. I tried gtk2 in macport with an X11 backend but the fonts did not load. The only success I have had was with the gub builds. I tried running fc-cache to see if that would help. How do I use svg instead of the font. How do I test that out? That may work. If it does then I will make a patch for darwin to use svg instead of denemo.ttf.