Re: [Denemo-devel] New Binaries?

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] New Binaries?
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 18:35:53 -0500

Is it possible to use svg in the menu's and tooltips? I am also getting these warnings but not sure if this is the cause:
GLib-GObject - WARNING : The property GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
GLib-GObject - WARNING : The property GtkSettings:gtk-button-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
GLib-GObject - WARNING : The property GtkSettings:gtk-tooltip-timeout is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
GLib-GObject - WARNING : The property GtkSettings:gtk-tooltip-browse-timeout is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
GLib-GObject - WARNING : The property GtkSettings:gtk-tooltip-browse-mode-timeout is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

Jeremiah

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Jeremiah Benham <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 22, 2015 3:16 PM, "Denemo DotOrg" <address@hidden> wrote:

> The svg is limited to palette button use, we use the denemo font in menus and tooltips.
> You said that you tried a modified denemo font which would make it clear if the denemo.ttf was actually being used and it seemed that it wasn't - the modification didn't show. It would be easy to be tricked in this test by the presence of an old denemo.ttf somewhere on the machine ... are you able to search to make sure?

I will do a find to search if there are others. Font Book only only showed one. There is a feature of this program to eliminate font duplicates. I ran this but I will do a find and make sure they are all deleted.

> The fact that changing the prefs->Miscellaneous font to a larger size worked would mean that our call to set the default is being responded to - that it can use the size request but didn't find the font.
> (I guess you know that it is not the filename that is used to find the font, but the internal name inside the file, so you can't hide a font by re-naming the file?)

I did not know.

> Did you say other applications list the denemo.ttf font (is there a character map tool like on Debian and windows?)

Yes. There is font book and fontforge.

Jeremiah