Re: [Denemo-devel] Sibelius 7 to LilyPond Conversion!

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Sibelius 7 to LilyPond Conversion!
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 17:37:28 +0000

On Thu, 2015-10-29 at 13:08 -0300, Thomas Wilmot wrote:

>   Of course I could manually remove all the octave markings but there
> are
> about seventeen pages of music I'm working with so I'd love to hear of
> an
> easier way! (Edit: I heard this can be done in Frescobaldi but I'm
> hoping it
> can all be done with the Denomo conversion tool.  Also I'm curious as
> to why
> Denemo's works!  Is the MusicXML2ly tool completely separate and
> independently developed from LilyPond's?

yes, I wrote it from scratch - I only intended to get the big & boring
part, all those notes, but I did add some other things - it doesn't do
lyrics however. I'm not sure there is much point - it is just some text
that can be pasted into Denemo.

> This message is reposted from the LilyPond forum because I thought you
> Denemonians might know some way to make change the output to relative
> mode
> as was suggested by someone there.

it is one click of the mouse if you open the .ly file in Frescobaldi
(Tools->Pitch->Convert Absolute to Relative).

Did you try the scripts to fix Sibelius's output? Do you need help
running them?
Did you try File->Export As->Quick LilyPond Part to get just the music
of the current part into a file?

Perhaps you are thinking you would like to do this operation repeatedly
- that is, you are thinking of entering the music using Sibelius and
then typesetting it with LilyPond? Denemo is seriously quicker and more
musical for entering music; it is just that - a music inputting program,
with everything tailored to getting music into the computer in the most
convenient and least tedious way possible.