Re: [Denemo-devel] Playback View: an important advance for Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Playback View: an important advance for Denemo
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 17:38:09 +0000

On Sat, 2016-01-16 at 08:06 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I deleted my old ~/.denemo* and that seems to have fixed it. Now I am
> getting other issues. I am not seeing anything in my playback view.

Are you seeing a normal typeset in the Print View?

>  In playback view I clicked Play/Stop but nothing happened. Here are
> the errors/warning:
> libsmf - CRITICAL: Cannot open input file: No such file or directory

this says that the MIDI file didn't load (possibly because LilyPond
failed to generate it)

> Denemo - WARNING : midi file /tmp/Denemo9UEODs/denemoprintA.midi not
> loaded
> /tmp/Denemo9UEODs/denemoprintA.svg:27: parser error : Premature end of
> data in tag g line 26
>
> ^
> /tmp/Denemo9UEODs/denemoprintA.svg:27: parser error : Premature end of
> data in tag svg line 1
>
> ^
> Denemo - WARNING : Could not read svg
> file /tmp/Denemo9UEODs/denemoprintA.svg

This says that Denemo could read the SVG that LilyPond should have
generated.

> Denemo - WARNING : Failed to find a position in events.txt for
> Note-21-9
[...

> Denemo - WARNING : Failed to find a position in events.txt for
> Note-23-17
>
> Denemo - WARNING : Failed to find a position in events.txt for
> Note-23-21

These are also due to the SVG being undreadable

> The rsvg pixbuf load of /tmp/Denemo9UEODs/denemoprintA.svg gave error:
> Error domain 1 code 5 on line 26 column 10 of
> file:///tmp/Denemo9UEODs/denemoprintA.svg: Extra content at the end of
> the document

and this is the GTK finding the SVG erroneous.

Is this with LilyPond 2.18.2 or with unstable? To find out why it failed
to create MIDI and SVG in detail you can use the LilyPond view (on
GNU/Linux, and possible Mac) or exporting the LilyPond (it needs to be
the LilyPond as generated by the typesetting for the Playback View) and
then running LilyPond on that (with a -Ipath-to-denemo's
actions/lilypond directory).