Re: [Denemo-devel] Instrument templates

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Instrument templates
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:42:53 -0600

On Jan 21, 2016 5:57 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've moved the instrument templates to directories below the instruments
> directory which is where the Add Staff for Instrument looks for them.
> I didn't move "Contrabass" because I'm not sure what instrument it is
> supposed to be. In our soundfont it sounds like some sort of woodwind
> instrument, the GM standard doesn't specify what it is (it puts in the
> Orchestral Solo category), but Wikipedia suggests the term is used for a
> Double Bass otherwise any of many other contrabass instruments.

It should have been labeled Double Bass. I will fix that.

I was working on creating a template for drum kit and you suggested making a palette buttons for the different percussion instruments. I could not figure out how to create a new palette. Is that documented somewhere ?

I ran the portion of the script you pasted on the other email and it succeeded in changing the clef and setting the midi channel. I also need to learn how to change Staff to DrumStaff and Voice to DrumVoice. Then I need to learn to insert \drummode {} around the entered notes.

Jeremiah