Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with "file load failed" Denemo 2.0.1.

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem with "file load failed" Denemo 2.0.1.
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 12:19:05 -0600

Do you still want me to build guile2? It is failing to compile. It seems to need a file called libgnu.la . I installed libgnu and am looking into it.

Jeremiah

On Feb 3, 2016 9:44 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2016-02-03 at 01:48 +0100, Haris Brkovic wrote:
> I tried accented characters and it works. Fixed version also seems to be faster, much faster

I would guess you are discovering factors not to do with the new build:
      * If you have the Object Inspector open entering music is quite
        slow
      * If you have continuous typesetting on entering music can be
        quite slow
      * On some systems turning off the cursor highlight
        (View->Highlight Cursor) appears to affect the responsiveness (?
        unconfirmed...)

Good to hear that you have a working system.
You may like to know about key shortcuts for entering dotted rhythms and
for completing a bar which have been added since the Vivaldi demo was
made (try out the numeric keypad keys in the find a shortcut feature of
the Command Center).

If you are converting Sibelius's MusicXML output you may like some
scripts which fix errors that Sibelius makes in its MusicXML - just ask.
If there is enough demand from people migrating from Sibelius we could
start a menu section devoted to helping people kick the habit!

Thank you for the feedback.

Richard