Re: [Denemo-devel] producing scores of chants

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] producing scores of chants
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 09:33:24 +0100

On Sat, 2016-04-16 at 17:54 -0500, T. R. Valentine wrote:
> If I clean everything out and install the deb files from Andreas
> Schneider, Synaptic Package Manager reports Denemo as broken. And it
> can't be started. Synaptic Package Manager's solution to fixing it is
> to install the old version of LilyPond and uninstall Denemo.

It sounds like that package is *requiring* a specific LilyPond version
to be installed. This is a bit fussy of it, Denemo will work without any
LilyPond, just no typesetting will happen. It will also work with any
reasonably modern LilyPond though the latest unstable requires a
modification for the fancy separate title page include file.
It also sounds like the package has a bug, it presumably didn't intend
to un-install Denemo after downgrading LilyPond. Hopefully Andreas can
comment.