Re: [Denemo-devel] No audio or print on Denemo, can you please help?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] No audio or print on Denemo, can you please help?
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 21:17:30 +0100

On Fri, 2016-05-06 at 14:31 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> The binaries will not print directly unless I compile gtk+ with cups
> support. I tried compiling cups a few times and failed. It will
> require me to have enough free time to do some hacking on it.
>
> I may need to compile portaudio with pulseaudio support. This means I
> will need to compile pulseaudio as well. Pulseaudio may be exclusively
> using his soundcard. I remember gtick (metronome software) at one
> point solely used oss sound. When ubuntu moved to pulseaudio gtick
> stopped working for me because of pulseaudio.

The other way to go is to build it yourself - sounds scary, but I
followed the instructions on denemo.org and it worked (on my Debian
system, from which Ubuntu is derived). You have to install quite a few
packages to do it, but it *did* work. The packages needed are described
on http://denemo.org/hacking-sources/ along with the commands needed to
build it. If there are problems, please share them so they can be
fixed...

Richard