Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 08:50:16 +0000

On Mon, 2016-11-21 at 22:02 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-11-21 at 13:23 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> > rats...I turned on 'typeset barlines literally' and now Denemp Print
> > View
> > shows that Lilypond can't typeset score...
> >
> > I took out the 'offending' repeats and still get the message...
>
> ... so what is the offending syntax & LilyPond's message about it (i.e.
> right-click->Typeset in the LilyPond window and look in the pane below).
>
> IIRC "Typeset barlines literally" just means issuing \bar "|" at each
> point in the music where Denemo has a barline in the Denemo Display.

Well, as usual IIRC is not good enough :)
In fact this command adds *two* directives, one, "DenemoBar", does issue
a \bar command, but with extra fancy stuff to get bar numbering working.
The other is a directive tagged "ScoreTiming" which issues the syntax

\set Score.timing = ##f

which I suspect is what you want - I think that is just turning off
automatic barlines. So you could delete the "DenemoBar" directive and
that would stop warnings about clashes between \bar commands you insert
manually and the ones inserted for each Denemo "barline" in the score.

Richard