Re: [Denemo-devel] Usage question: Key signatures

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Usage question: Key signatures
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 21:40:59 +0000

On Mon, 2017-01-23 at 14:18 -0600, Rodney M. Bates wrote:
> I just started using denemo today, and finding that a lot is surprisingly
> easy.
>
> But I am having some problems, one with key signatures. I initially selected
> G major, which appeared in the denemo display as I expected, but the typeset
> display had no key signature, with accidental sharps on the Fs.  It also
> noted some typesetting error, which I could not find, but suspected something
> to do with the key signature.
>
> After attempting to reset it several times (always to G major), I now see a
> natural
> on B (in the treble clef) followed immediately by three sharps in close
> succession
> on F, in my first staff.  Each successive staff (of 3 total) is the same, but
> with
> one more sharp than its predecessor.  This is only at the very first key
> signature
> in the denemo display.  If I scroll it, it shows proper G-major signatures at
> the
> left of the displayed portion.
>
> My typeset display now shows an F major key signature on every line, with
> many accidentals
> to compensate to the key-of-G notes.

This sounds quite extraordinary - it sounds suspiciously like some
corrupted build - I know Ubuntu distributed an unusable version for a
number of years. If at all possible, get a package from denemo.org.
But meanwhile if you would like to send a small example file exhibiting
this behavior I'll be *very* curious to see. Nowadays, there are red and
blue patches where the keysignature goes and clicking on them sets the
key signature (as well as the commands in the key signature menu, of
course).