Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo crash

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo crash
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 21:48:05 +0000

On Wed, 2017-02-01 at 22:35 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 01.02.2017 um 22:01 schrieb Andreas Schneider:
> >>
> >> I did that without a crash. (The cursor was in the first staff)

> >> That backtrace looks familiar - are you using the very last commits - I
> >> fixed something very bad along those lines *very* recently.
> >
> > I have just pulled the very last version, and the crash still occurs.
>
> I have booted into my old Debian stable system and tried it there. Under
> Debian stable Denemo does not crash. Under Debian testing it does. So
> the issue may be connected to some library version.

yes, but it could be a bug in Denemo that happens not to be triggered.
Can you try executing
(d-IncreaseGuard) in the Scheme window or CLI and then seeing if it
crashes? d- IncreaseGaurd will turn off the undo, and this will indicate
that the problem is with the Snapshot done before adding the staff.

(You could actually break on take_snapshot() to find out if it crashes
before or after the snapshot, but that can be tricky to do).

Also, if you delete the lyrics from the score I expect the problem may
go - it was the snapshotting of the lyrics that had serious bugs.

I'm cc-ing denemo-devel now that the score itself is not attached, in
case others see something similar.