Re: [Denemo-devel] Allow Line/Page Break in Middle of measure

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Allow Line/Page Break in Middle of measure
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 08:40:02 +0000

On Wed, 2017-02-08 at 18:31 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Just a little thing......
>
> (d-AllowLineBreak)
> (d-LineBreak)
>
> attached to a button does what one might expect (except that I currently
> get four screens asking about layout and specificity (each twice)
> I know that this is being revised in a future version.

This is in now, build will be overnight

> If, however, I press the button and then decide to cancel, just the
> layout screen appears twice, ready to be cancelled,  BUT the two
> directives are still inserted in the music, and function apparently as
> normal.
> So the Cancel button doesn't work. Should it?

ideally :)

> Incidentally, in either case, If I scroll forwards from the PREVIOUS
> note the first directive that is found is the Line Break, followed by
> the Allow Line/Page Break. Which doesn't make much sense to me.

I can't get this to happen - it is the behavior you get when the
x-position of the objects has been calculated wrongly, which used to
happen a lot when the calculations were a side-effect of drawing the
staff. But I fixed that a few years back.
Can you work out exactly how to get it to happen (starting with
File->New ...)?

> If I use the Advanced button on the "Cancelled" directives, they are
> applied to ALL layouts, the same as was selected for the non-cancelled
> directives.

yes, I think Cancel is just cancelling doing any conditional behavior
stuff, not cancelling the insertion of the directives.

> Joe
>
> Script is still
>
> (d-AllowLineBreak)
> (d-LineBreak)

add a parameter to make them non-interactive

(d-AllowLineBreak 'non-interactive)

(d-LineBreak 'non-interactive)

from tomorrow this will be honored.