Re: [Denemo-devel] Rehearsal mark "I" from transcribed source.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Rehearsal mark "I" from transcribed source.
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:43:44 +0000

On Sun, 2017-02-19 at 18:30 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> On 19/02/2017 17:19, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Sun, 2017-02-19 at 16:45 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> >> Hi Richard,
> >>
> >> Yes I can get it how I like (wasn't too fussed about the boxing
> >> actually - Dom raised that as an issue).
> >>

> >> If I use Score Typesetter to select  Boxed Rehearsal marks then
> >> Lilypond puts in a boxed I between H and J
> >>
> >> If I start off with unboxed rehearsal marks Lilypond omits the I and
> >> goes straight from H to J.
> > yes - that is the default LilyPond rehearsal mark - unboxed, missing
> > "I".
> >>
> >> To put the I in I can
> >>

> >>        * delete the F9 rehearsal mark and put in an I manually using
> >>          Shift-F9, or
> > yes
> >
> >>        * use Score Typesetter Rehearsal marks to make them boxed AND
> >>          THEN repeat the command asking for unboxed
> >>              (I assume I have concatenated "BOX & Use I" and "UNBOX".)
> > No, I think you'll find the second command has overwritten the result of
> > the first. To check look at the Score Properties Editor where you will
> > see the directive (if you look at the Advanced dialog you can see what
> > LilyPond syntax is inserted for it)
> Well, somehow, setting the rehearsal mark to be boxed then unboxed has
> caused an output from an f9 rehearsal mark with an unboxed "I".

Just that there was no need to set to boxed first. If you create the f9
rehearsal marks and choose "alphabetic" you get the same as the default
but with the "I" included - there is no option to get the default
rehearsal marks once you have selected any of the options.

That is a bug of course - you would have to delete the directive in the
score properties editor to return to the default.

Thanks for you persistent questioning!