Re: [Denemo-devel] Tremelo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Tremelo
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:02:11 +0000

On Fri, 2017-02-24 at 16:18 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:

> On 24/02/2017 07:34, Richard Shann wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2017-02-24 at 07:31 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > > (ToggleDirective "chord" "postfix" (cons "Tremolo" "𝅬") ":32 ")
> Seems to work....
> > >
> > > You also had a move in your script - you could add that too - you
> > > might
> > > want to test if you have just deleted or installed a tremolo (if you
> > > have deleted it then (d-Directive-chord? "Tremolo") is false).
> > oh! and if you make a command in the menu system for this and give it a
> > keyboard shortcut then you can apply it to the selection using the Apply
> > To Selection command in the Edit->Select menu.
> I probably ought to know how to do this and don't!

you decide where you want the new menu command and right click on the
menu item above where you want your new menu item to appear and choose
"Save Script as New Menu Item", and then follow the prompts. Choose a
name prefixed with "Joe" to make sure it doesn't clash with an existing
name.

>  I was trying to add a shortcut to the palette and it wasn't an
> option.

No, you can invoke a palette button from the keyboard (shortcut "p") but
you won't be able to apply to the selection.

> Joe
>
> PS. Thought I'd look at the example score. 2nd movement didn't
> Typeset.

what example score?

Richard
By the way, please use the "Reply to All" or "Group Reply" buttons when
replying to a mailing list posting, as others will benefit from the
reply.