Re: [Denemo-devel] Something weird with the playback region

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Something weird with the playback region
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 10:25:49 +0200

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 08:18:37 +0100, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Actually, to reliably restore the cursor position after (d-Play) has
> finished playing you need to do this

I used "Play From Cursor To End" as a starting point:

  ;Play from Cusor to End
  (d-PushPosition)
  (DenemoSetPlaybackStart)
  (d-MoveToEnd)
  (d-MoveCursorRight)
  (DenemoSetPlaybackEnd)
  (DenemoGoForward)
  (d-PopPosition)
  (d-OneShotTimer 500 "(d-Play)")

I figured that removing (DenemoSetPlaybackStart) would be all that is
needed. And indeed it seems to do what I want: It leaves the PlaybackStart
and Cursor where it is, moves PlaybackEnd to the end of the song, and plays
the part between PlaybackStart and End.

I do not understand the need for DenemoGoForward and d-OneShotTimer.

As usual, the first time one tries something like this you run into all
kinds of complications...

From http://www.denemo.org/scripting/ :

  * Right click on any button

So I tried "Play" (triangle) from Playback Control and found out that
apparently most buttons cannot be right-clicked. I ended up making a new
entry in the Playback pallette (which is different from Playback Control,
Playback menu, and Playback view -- confusing).

From the manual, 25.1 :

  To choose a shortcut for a menu item, select the item (it becomes
  highlighted) and press the key that you want to become the shortcut.

Apparently this does not work for pallette items?

As stated, this is the first time I try to use scripts so it's probably all
my fault / misunderstanding :) .

-- Johan