Re: [Denemo-devel] First Time Denemo [Mac] User - "LilyPond count not ty

From: Tony Ventura
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] First Time Denemo [Mac] User - "LilyPond count not typeset this score"
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 10:31:57 +0000 (UTC)

HI Richard,

I'm glad I'm able to help. And, I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this effort.

I did do a LilyPond test. It's working perfectly. I've attached the output.

Kind regards,
Tony Ventura
www.tonyventura.com

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:14 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, 2017-05-17 at 09:26 +0000, Tony Ventura wrote:
> Richard,
>

> The Path to LilyPond in the Externals tab is the following:
>

> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond
>

> I tried your suggestion of changing the path to just lilypond, which
> was followed by quitting Denemo, then restarting. I had the same
> result of INVALID! typeset problem.

Thanks for testing that out. I'm pretty sure Jeremiah will sort out this
last snag. I've just been reading http://lilypond.org/macos-x.html
and there it indicates that the path

/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond

that Jeremiah has used is, in fact, correct. So perhaps it would be
worthwhile testing out that LilyPond is working correctly on its own.

You can do that following the instructions "Compiling a file" which
start half way down that page. Just saving the file they give you and
typesetting it should give you a typeset of a scale in C-major.

If that doesn't work, then the problem is with the LilyPond app as
downloaded...