Re: [Denemo-devel] [Fwd: Re: First Time Denemo [Mac] User - "LilyPond co

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [Fwd: Re: First Time Denemo [Mac] User - "LilyPond count not typeset this score"]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 11:59:41 +0100

On Fri, 2017-05-19 at 09:58 +0000, Tony Ventura wrote:
> Richard,
> I did the following:
> Attempt #1:
> Opened your attached denemo.sh in TextEdit, copied the contents and
> replaced the
> orginal /Users/anthonyventura/Desktop/Denemo.app/Contents/MacOS/denemo.sh.

> Attempting to launch in the Terminal did not work. Double-clicking on
> the Denemo icon on my desktop did not work.
[...]
> Lastly, I attached the terminal output of the first attempt, when
> Denemo would not open.

Well, it's different. The terminal output now shows that Denemo itself
will not launch because the system is finding older versions of
libraries. That will be because /usr/lib has been put in front of the
location of the libraries shipped with Denemo, which are more recent.
So I attach another denemo.sh which this time places /usr/lib after
Denemo's versions.

Jeremiah, I've just downloaded the official LilyPond release for MacOSX
from

http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries/darwin-x86/lilypond-2.18.2-1.darwin-x86.tar.bz2

and from that it seems that the executable "lilypond" is a binary
executable, not a shell script, so this recent Apple change to scrubbing
environment variables before running bash does not apply. However, the
change is IIUC a security measure applying to *all* executables that are
protected by Apple. So perhaps the important difference is that the
external LilyPond install is not on Tony's desktop but system-wide
under /Applications. So perhaps it is protected from being run with
environment variables set.

Can you return to the internal LilyPond, so that complication is
avoided?