Re: [Denemo-devel] latest linux binary?

From: Edgar Aichinger
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] latest linux binary?
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 11:34:15 +0100

Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2018, 08:42:05 CET schrieb Bric:

> On January 29, 2018 at 11:51 AM Edgar Aichinger <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Just one more thing, I forgot to test the resulting Appimage before writing
> the previous mail this morning, and now that i did test I see it doesn't
> work...
> This is the error I'm seeing in the terminal:
>

> In case this error message helps - this is how the AppImage errors out for me
> (on my Linux 3.19.0-25-generic #26~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 24 21:16:20 UTC
> 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux):
>

> $ ./denemo-1515000238.665198a92-Build23.3.glibc2.14-x86_64.AppImage
> denemo: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgpg-error.so.0: no version information
> available (required by /tmp/.mount_denemoI98gbi/usr/lib/libgcrypt.so.20)
> denemo: symbol lookup error: /tmp/.mount_denemoI98gbi/usr/lib/libgtk-3.so.0:
> undefined symbol: g_type_check_instance_is_fundamentally_a

>From a bit searching I believe that your error is a different issue and comes
>from the fact that the Appimage is built against newer glib2 than your 14.04.1
>Ubuntu...

I just changed the Appimage setup so that it builds against openSUSE leap 42.2
instead of 42.3, in the hope that it might provide an older glib2. The worker
machines seem to be busy and lagging, so I can't tell when the build will
complete, probably a bit later today. So if you revisit the download area and
find a denemo Appimage from today try if it's any better than the previous
one...

I haven't been able to get answers from IRC so far, so I plan to get in touch
with Appimage main developer probono via the Appimage forum or github issue
tracker.

Sorry for going slow, I hope we can resolve this soon.

Edgar