Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: Today's download: Tues 13 Feb appears to be

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: Today's download: Tues 13 Feb appears to be broken
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 18:46:12 +0100

On Wed, 2018-03-28 at 09:23 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> There is a GNU/Linux AppImage here:
> http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/AppImage/denemo_2.2.3.AppImage

Oh! Now I understand - I guessed AppImage was short for Apple Image,
something to do with Macs but Wikipedia tells me it is for distro
independent packaging for GNU/Linux :)
That sounds good, I'll try it out tomorrow when the fix I put in today
can be tested. [this was days ago, it didn't work ...]

> It does not have any of the dependencies in the image. Should I
> package lilypond and all the dependencies even if they are in each
> distro anyway?

What "dependencies"? LilyPond, though not strictly speaking a
dependency will generally be wanted and packaging the version which
Denemo expects would avoid problems for beginners while not preventing
people using their own version. Do you have anything else in mind?

Sorry this email is so delayed, I thought it had gone and then found it
 on my desktop hidden away :(