[Denemo-devel] automatic courtesy accidentals (another feature wish)

From: Bric
Subject: [Denemo-devel] automatic courtesy accidentals (another feature wish)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 21:47:28 -0400 (EDT)

It would be cool to be able to turn on (and off) automatic courtesy accidentals.

Settings could include:

[x] auto-insert courtesy accidental for the note that follows an accidental in the same measure, but in a different octave

[x] auto-insert courtesy accidental for the first occurrence in a measure of a note that was modified with an accidental in the preceding measure (the two notes being in the same octave)

maybe a few additional options (can't think of any at the moment)

Also - this ties in with my current default that i would like to change.  Currently, by default, an accidental modifier persists through the end of the measure for the same-name note IN ALL OCTAVES.

I think this is actually "wrong" and unconventional.  The convention is that the absence of an accidental for notes (an) octave(s) away  from a note /with/ an accidental, are assumed unmodified from their key signature value.  Denemo does the opposite, vis-a-vis what you type.