Re: [Denemo-devel] [bug #53936] print parts is broken

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] [bug #53936] print parts is broken
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 17:41:48 +0100

On Fri, 2018-05-18 at 17:23 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> In Windows you DO have to create a pdf for a part before printing it.
>
> I don't know whether if you are clever enough (!) you can use Book
> Titles and set up a pdf with score and individual parts in one pdf,
> and
> then print that; I've never got my head around Boot Titles.

Actually, printing a score and parts is not what Denemo means by Book
Titles, Book Titles just means having a title page followed by titles
for each movement/song. I use that for a score and then make separate
"books" using the same book titles for each part (that's why Book
Titles prints the part name as the Instrument Name on the title page as
a default, so you only have to make the title page once).

If you wanted to print score and parts in one PDF then you could:
within Denemo you would create a Score Layout that had the score and
then the parts. But I would guess most people would go to a PDF editor
to do that or write a custom score layout in Denemo's LilyPond window
(using LilyPond's \book { .... } syntax) or even the Tex thingies for
the more techie-minded.