[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Denemo-devel] [bug #54821] support for guile-2.2

From: Bernd Waibel
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #54821] support for guile-2.2
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 06:14:26 -0400 (EDT)
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/69.0.3497.100 Safari/537.36

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #54821 (project denemo):

Unfortunately I don't have the choice of using guile-1.8, as this is going to
be removed from gentoo repository. See if
you're interested why it is like this. We're also using lilypond-2.19.80 with

Your proposed patch doesn't work here. It first finds guile-2.2, I'm assuming
this is through the GUILE_FLAGS macro at the top of the, but then
it searches again at the lines with the changes and fails to find guile.

I also tried to use PKG_CHECK_MODULES([GUILE_2], [guile-2.0 guile-2.2]) but
this also fails.

Another thing I tried was to add both of these variants to the block after the
AC_ARG_ENABLE, that is, the one starting like 

if [test "x$useguile_1_8" = "xno"] && [test "x$useguile_2_0" = "xno"]; then

and don't pass any --enable-guile_* option to configure, i.e. trigger the
default behaviour of the script, with the same result.

I'm wondering, why there's two --enable-guile-* options? Doesn't the call to
the GUILE_FLAGS macro return all the needed information already? Why search
two times for guile? Guile is a mandatory package after all, so a user doesn't
even have a choice to use --diable-guile_1_8 and --disable-guile_2_0, which
would be  perfectly legal according to the output of ./configure --help, plus
it is the default behaviour. The configure script shouldn't even search for
any guile then. That's the reason, why I removed these options in the first
place. See
for an article why options for mandatory packages are a problem on source
based distributions.

I'm going to review and try to fix my patch, so it works with guile-1.

Please see attached the output of the build, where you can see, guile-2.2 is
being found first, but later on it's not found anymore, as well as, for
reference, the config.log file.

(file #45194, file #45195)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: build.log                      Size:13 KB
File name: config.log                     Size:111 KB


Reply to this item at:


  Message sent via Savannah

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]