[Denemo-devel] [bug #54871] Denemo 2.1 and 2.2 all windows disappear on

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #54871] Denemo 2.1 and 2.2 all windows disappear on Mac
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 01:46:07 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #54871 (project denemo):

I've come into the same problem, on MacOS El Capitan.

One possible work around, would be to comment (Object Menu -> Notes/Rests ->
Comment | then make a keyboard shortcut for it in the command center) in the
places where you want something like forte/piano to show up on what note. You
could skip this first step and just do the second draft editing in the next
step.

Next, download and install Frescobaldi (preferably on a Windows system if
possible, because then you can use Coolsoft VirtualMidiSynth with a Soundfont
to play your music and be able to hear some of the articulations that you
entered).

In Denemo again, go to View -> Lilypond, highlight all of the text (make sure
to highlight all the way down) and copy using keyboard shortcut Ctrl + C. Then
Paste that data into the Frescobaldi editor and make necessary changes,
including where you wanted the dynamics markings etc to appear.

(Sorry, I wish I had something better but still thought this might be worth
mentioning)

Also someone mentioned installing the WineBottle app on the Mac and then
Windows executable Denemo install. This works, but the start up time for
Denemo as a Wine app is very long and painful;)

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54871>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/