[Denemo-devel] [bug #55346] Some keyboard shortcuts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #55346] Some keyboard shortcuts
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 13:04:15 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #55346 (project denemo):

 "I get the feeling that was an intention of the authors of the program" yes,
in fact back in 1999 the intention was to mimic the keystrokes you would make
when typing in LilyPond syntax, and generally those are still the defaults.

Can I take it that there is no problem (other than the tedium!) to re-set
those keypresses that have changed names for you?

You didn't mention the strange setting of hidden on some commands (augment and
diminish for example)...

and a final comment - I would be wary of setting multiple keypresses for the
same command; the danger is that eventually every keypress does *something*
and then any typo your make potentially means hunting round to find out what
you just did. There is a command (Show Last Edit) which helps when you do
that.

There is a special case that I just introduced three keypresses for: Fn2 can
be pressed with Ctrl or Shft but that is because it is a keyboard shortcut for
right-mouse-click on an object in the Denemo Display - in this case different
things happen depending if Shift or Ctrl are held while clicking. (An example
of Denemo's commitment to using the keyboard!).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55346>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/