Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A possible scheme script
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 10:01:01 +0000

On Tue, 2019-01-29 at 18:07 -0800, rain wrote:
> I'll make the menu items, then the palette buttons for shortcuts. Not
> sure what the best way to make that available when it is ready?
> Someplace I could upload?

Did you miss-type this? It is menu items that can have keyboard
shortcuts, no palette buttons. There is no need to create palette
buttons as people can always tear off the menu as a palette anyway
which does them all at once. Creating a complete palette with all the
commands for a given task is an option - I have one just now for adding
 some curious 18th c French ornaments; I've edited the labels so that
the most commonly used one starts with the letter "p" and the second
most common one with "pp" then I can insert these via p<return> and
pp<return> which is quite quick to type.

It would be quicker still if I made menu items for them - I could use
single keypress shortcuts - but for my convenience in developing the
Denemo code base I link my commands to the Denemo source code itself,
so it would be all to easy for me to publish these specialized commands
as the defaults :(