[Denemo-devel] Change the size of Chord

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Change the size of Chord
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 15:49:53 +0000

Hi Richard,

Our music group has a new player on Eb Sax.
A Stave with borrowed music, which is then transposed on Print satisfies most of the issues; it is a really useful tool for this purpose. But she is such a beginner that the reinforcement of actual note names, e.g. C, Eb, F# would help. This is another stave with borrowed music and when made a Chord Symbols Staff I get. But the font size is rather large and it would be nice if there was a staff switch to change it! I have had a look at lilypond documentation, but can't see how; there is a chord names context but how i would use it escapes me.

And. I presume that I am not allowed to set up a borrowed music staff for the Eb Sax (borrowing from a stave with actual notes) and then borrow from that to get the note names. I get a blank stave when I try!

Also (and this is being optimistic) is there any way in which having fixed the instrument range by attaching the instrument to the staff you can get notes out of range (in this case below) automatically moved up an octave?? :-)

Best wishes

Joe