Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo manual

From: Satoru Honda
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo manual
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 02:26:29 +0900

Thank you for your answer.
I will try to do soon.

And I would like to help to translation to Japanese.
Denemo is good tool for writing sheet but the inconvenient operation occurs only with the mouse, because the message window that frequently appears gets the focus of the input.
Once I got used to the operation, it seems to be the most intensive program for writing music, but that required a document to solve the question.

Satoru Honda

2019年5月21日(火) 1:21 Richard Shann <address@hidden>:
On Tue, 2019-05-21 at 00:31 +0900, Satoru Honda wrote:
> Hello
> I'm trying to make musicsheet on Linux using Denemo.
> Thank you for maintaining the editorial program for scoremaking over
> the years.
>
> I need to read the manual to master how to use Denemo.
> But apparently, the online manual seems to lose the linked image. The
> link to the image may have been incorrectly specified, or the image
> file may have been deleted.
> Is there a manual file with the same contents in PDF somewhere?
Sorry about the link on the website - I don't have access to fix that,
however:

1) The manual should be included in the Denemo package use fn1 key to
start it in your default browser.

2) There is a PDF of the latest manual linked to from the Downloads
page
http://www.denemo.org/downloads-page/
the link is
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=denemo.git;a=blob_plain;f=docs/denemomanual.pdf;hb=HEAD

that includes updates for the forthcoming release.

> Also, I am Japanese and my native language is Japanese. I am using
> Linux in a Japanese environment, but incorrect mixing of Japanese and
> English in the editing menu that is automatically converted to
> current
> Denemo Japanese causes headaches. I would rather use it in English
> only, but is there a manual or a place to set it up that way?

It depends where you installed Denemo, but I believe the file to delete
is ja/LC_MESSAGES/denemo.mo, on my machine it is at

/usr/local/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/denemo.mo

If you were sharing your access to denemo with other users who wanted
to keep the Japanese translation then you would need to do it properly:
that would mean prefixing your invocation of denemo with a setting of
the environment variable that controls the language locale. I don't
have all the details in my head - something like
export LANGUAGE=en && denemo
- but Linux groups would be happy to help (*).

> If it is not possible to change the binary of the program, can you
> tell me how to make Japanese from the source code,
in the source code the Japanese translation is in the directory po and
can be deleted from there.

Please ask again if there are still problems

Richard
(*)
I just tried

export LANGUAGE=ja && denemo

and Denemo started in Japanese, so I think

export LANGUAGE=en && denemo

should work fine...