Re: [Denemo-devel] Beginner questions (cross-staff, PNG selection export

From: Lib Lists
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Beginner questions (cross-staff, PNG selection export, feathered beams, batch export, Print View behaviour)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 10:56:37 +0200

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 21:46, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 2019-08-12 at 21:04 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 at 18:13, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> > wrote:

> > > Hmm, I don't have access to any Mac to test that. I just tested
> > > giving
> > > the full path to the executable (ie what you get when you do
> > >
> > > which Preview
> > >
> > > at a terminal, and that worked (this is Debian - I don't know what
> > > Mac
> > > O/S 10.13.6, but I presume it has a Linux kernel and Unix tools?)
> > > If you execute
> > >
> > > Preview somefile.png
> > >
> > > in a terminal does it work? That is, does it take a filename on the
> > > command line?
> >
> > Hi, writing in a terminal '/PATH/TO/Preview somefile.png' doesn't
> > work. However, 'open -a  /PATH/TO/Preview somefile.png' works as well
> > as 'open somefile.png'.
>
> In that case you may be able to set the Image Viewer field to
> "open"
> without the quotes
> and it may work. (I'm hoping there is an executable named "open" that
> takes a filename as a parameter and decides what to do with it)

Hi, I tried but it doesn't work, same result as before. I tried
'open', 'open -a PATH/TO/Preview'. Here the man page for 'open'
https://ss64.com/osx/open.html. In the preferences I also setup an
internet browser ('PATH/TO/Safari) and I found a problem: Safari
correctly opens, but the address to the file (the help file in this
case) is written as:
file:///file:/Applications/Denemo.app/Contents/Resources/share/denemo/manual/denemo-manual.html
with the double 'file' bit at the beginning. Maybe related with the
problem with Preview?

> > [...]
> > >
> > > Hmm, that's what I thought you might mean - it doesn't happen for
> > > me on
> > > Denemo 2.3 and I just tried Denemo 2.2 on Windows and it doesn't
> > > happen
> > > there. I guess a workaround would be to dismiss the Print View
> > > altogether and only bring it back when you have finished?
> >
> > Unfortunately it doesn't work. If I close the Print View (I also
> > switched to Manual Updates, just in case), it returns after
> > interacting with a pop-up dialog.
>
> How did you try to close it? The only way that will surely work is to
> use the View menu - anything else depends on the what the window
> manager decides to do - in this case it seems it is iconizing the
> window.

I just tried from the View menu (by unchecking 'Typeset Music'), but
the Print View window reappears as soon as I type and confirm
something in a pop-up window. Also, when I relaunch Denemo the Print
View window appears, even if it was closed before closing Denemo.