[Denemo-devel] Print View behaviour (was Re: Beginner questions (cross-s

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Print View behaviour (was Re: Beginner questions (cross-staff, PNG selection export, feathered beams, batch export, Print View behaviour))
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 12:22:23 +0100

On Tue, 2019-08-13 at 10:56 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > How did you try to close it? The only way that will surely work is
> > use the View menu - anything else depends on the what the window
> > manager decides to do - in this case it seems it is iconizing the
> > window.
>
> I just tried from the View menu (by unchecking 'Typeset Music'), but
> the Print View window reappears as soon as I type and confirm
> something in a pop-up window. Also, when I relaunch Denemo the Print
> View window appears, even if it was closed before closing Denemo.

The View window should only reappear on start up only if the Continuous
Typesetting was set when Denemo was shutdown. You can check this by
looking at the file .denemo-2.2.0/denemorc which will contain an entry

<manualtypeset>1</manualtypeset>

if continuous typesetting was unset orĀ

<manualtypeset>0</manualtypeset>

if continuous typesetting was set.

Do both of the symptoms you describe occur when Continuous Typesetting
is off? That would, indeed be bizarre...

In any case, it is difficult to see from the source code why the focus
would switch the the Print View window, only a mouse-click should do
that, and even then there is code to immediately switch the focus back
to the Denemo Display (i.e. main window, where the keystrokes must
arrive). If you click on a note in the Print View it should start
playing from that note after switching the focus back to the Denemo
Display - does this happen ok?