Re: [Denemo-devel] Could not open output file for writing

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Could not open output file for writing
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 08:35:55 -0400

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 7:11 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 2019-08-22 at 06:34 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 4:28 AM Richard Shann <address@hidden
> m> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2019-08-21 at 23:01 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> > > I get this "Could not open output file for writing" when I enter
> > > note.   Windows 10  Denemo v,2.2.   I reloaded the program using
> > the
> > > installer.
> >
> > To get back to a pristine state you would also need to delete (or
> > rename completely) the folder .denemo-2.2.0 which holds your
> > preferences. Though I don't think there is anything in it that
> > could
> > cause this.
> >

> > > Any one have an idea to fix this?
> >
> > I'm guessing you have Continuous typesetting set (in the Print
> > View),
> > and this message is saying that the Temporary directory is not
> > writeable/full or has permission only for administrator or perhaps
> > the
> > temporary file is being used by another program (try re-boot in
> > case
> > some zombie instance of Denemo is still running and hogging the
> > file).
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Richard
>
> More information,.   Denemo worked before. i removed it.  i tried to
> load Release 2.3 is imminent – please test!. put i did not get it to
> work.    i tried to load  2.2.n compressed file could not get it to
> work i removed it.    When i load  2.2.n compressed file  or   2.2
> Win32 Installer. When i run Denemo  I get this:
>
> Intel Optaue (tm) Memory Pinning Unable to load DLL
> 'iaStarAfsServiceApi.dll': The Specfied
> Podule could not be found
> (Exception from HRESULT 0x8007007
> Windows Explorer
>
> This may have been removed along with the removal of the programs.

That DLL is not in any way part of Denemo, it very much looks like you
have some problem with your operating system - are all sorts of other
programs operating normally? The uninstall of an installed Denemo only
removes the files that were placed in the installation directory by
Denemo - it does not even remove your local preferences files which are
to be found in the .denemo-2.2.0 folder (or .denemo-2.3.1 if you are
using the latest zip file version).

> What I need is help restoring the DLL if neaded?   And I would like
> to run v. 2.3 but I need help setting this up?

The http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/mxe/denemo.zip
file is entirely self-contained, it does not need installing, just
download the file to some convenient location and extract (unzip) it
and then double click the batch file that is in the top level folder.

But, as I say, it sounds like you have some corruption of your system
that is entirely unrelated to Denemo.

HTH