Re: Starting playback in the middle of a movement

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Starting playback in the middle of a movement
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 20:36:20 +0000

On Sun, 2019-12-08 at 20:51 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> When moving the playback start marker away from the beginning of a
> piece
> (using the playback control), I encounter the new behaviour that
> after
> stating playback it takes quite a while until the actual playback
> starts, or more precisely it seems that it plays back silently from
> the
> beginning of the movement and starts producing sounds when it arrives
> at
> the playback start marker. At least I guess that from the time it
> takes
> to start playing. I assume that this is a bug?

I am not seeing that behaviour, and I don't think anything has changed
for a long time in that area of the program. Are you seeing the
messages announcing the starting and ending of playback on the console?
I just did a few tests

Denemo - MESSAGE : Starting playback
Denemo - MESSAGE : Starting playback at 28.005368
Here endeth a scripted playbackstarting audio playback at 56.010664
Denemo - MESSAGE : Starting playback
Denemo - MESSAGE : Starting playback at 56.010664
Here endeth a scripted playbackDenemo - MESSAGE : Using channel 0
prognum 0
Denemo - MESSAGE : Using channel 1 prognum 0
starting audio playback at 54.010402
Denemo - MESSAGE : Starting playback
Denemo - MESSAGE : Starting playback at 54.010402
Here endeth a scripted playback

I was setting the start place via the Playback Control green "|" button
but I am getting the same immediate response with Ctrl-F5 and with
Ctrl-Alt-Drag of the start playback marker followed by F5