Re: Denemo Crash 2.3.3

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Denemo Crash 2.3.3
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 11:16:59 +0100

On Sat, 2020-05-09 at 21:04 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> I was hoping to create a click track to go with this so people could
> try to play it under Lockdown.
> The Music is too loud under midi, so I thought of changing the
> instrument to Violin.

... a strange tactic! There is

Command: Built-in Staff Properties
Change the built-in properties of the current staff
Location: Object Menu ▶ Staffs/Voices ▶ Staff Properties
Internal Name: StaffProperties

which allows you to change the MIDI volume of the staff/voice

> When I tried for

I guess what you tried was

Command: Assign Instrument
Assigns the current staff to an instrument selected by the user.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Staffs/Voices ▶ Staff Properties
Internal Name: AssignInstrument

and you seem to have uncovered a nasty bug with that :(

I'll look into it - meanwhile you can avoid that command by separately
setting the MIDI instrument (as above for MIDI volume) and the
Instrument Name (and the range if you were interested in that).

Thanks for reporting the bug!