Re: Releasing Denemo Version 2.4.0

From: Edgar Aichinger
Subject: Re: Releasing Denemo Version 2.4.0
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 12:41:23 +0200

Hello,

do I understand correctly that this is not the final releasetarball that will
be linked from the download page once someone with permissions generates and
uploads it?

The git tarball you posted IMO presents a bit of a problem for  packagers,
because it doesn't supply ./configure. As I understand it, releases should
include ./configure, SCM snapshots shouldn't,

That's of course something I can work around by adding ./autogen.sh and build
dependencies for autotools to my spec file. But up to now I've only built
release versions in my package, and I try to keep the spec as clean as
possible. except for the AppImage I'm also generating via OBS, which I can
update to current git whenever I want...

So I wonder if I should wait for a proper release tarball?

Thanks,

Edgar