Re: Denemo on Mac OS X 10.15.4

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Denemo on Mac OS X 10.15.4
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 10:11:57 +0100

On Sat, 2020-06-13 at 15:19 -0500, David Richmond wrote:
> Thanks, Richard.
>
> Here’s a dumb one: the manual says shift plus the number keys (or
> numpad, but I don’t have one yet) will change the duration of an
> entered note. That didn’t work on my Mac, except that shift + 2
> (shift + @) registered

I take it "registered" here means that the Command Center gave the
shortcut name as Shft+2 (these names are munged by Denemo from names
that are made up by the Gtk library).

> as shift + 0 to change to a whole note.
>
> I got the described behavior by setting (new) shortcuts from the
> Command Center, but 3 through 0 all registered not as shift +
> [number] but shift + [character] e.g. shift + #, $, %, etc. except
> that shift + 1 registers as shift + 9 and shift + 2 is shift + 0.

If you can set all the shortcuts to the names that are used on the Mac
(and delete the shortcuts with unusable names) and send me the
~/.denemo-2.4.0/actions/DefaultShortcuts.xml (after "Save as Default
Command Set") then I could make that the default for the Mac build.

> Can’t explain it.

It is strange - I guess that the Mac has its own mappings for the
hardware keycodes.
If you can get hold of a standard USB keyboard to test it would be good
to check that the Numpad is working - these are different hardware
keycodes which Denemo munges to make them behave as durations plus
things like triplet, dotted rhythm, tie etc. without cluttering up the
menu items with extra shortcut names (so shift + KP_0 is munged to
behave as shift + 0 and both of these are named as Shft+0 in blue on
the menu item).

Thanks for the feedback,

Richard