Re: Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Denemo
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 22:01:58 +0100

On Sat, 2020-06-27 at 15:47 -0400, Eddy wrote:
> > That's to say
> > ./configure CFLAGS="-02"
> > creates a Denemo binary that crashes on startup while
> > ./configure CFLAGS="-00"
> > gives one that does not crash?
>
> That's correct.
>
> > Out of curiosity what does -O1 do?
>
> It produces a working binary.
>
> I tried to track down a list of the compiler optimizations that -O2
> enables that -O1 doesn't,
well, life is probably too short for that :), with reputable compilers
it is much more common to find that the bug is in the C-code being
compiled rather than the compiler's optimizer but in this case the
Denemo code at exportlilypond.c:3518 seems to be rock solid, so perhaps
it is something in the GtkSourceView library function being called that
is triggering the error.
Workaround is obvious - as I say I've not noticed it affect the
performance...

Thanks for the investigations,

Richard