Re: Troubleshooting - Can't export midi (was Issue only happens exportin

From: José Celso Freitas Pianista
Subject: Re: Troubleshooting - Can't export midi (was Issue only happens exporting MIDI.)
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 17:36:08 -0300

Yeah, well, I actually have Denemo installed in two machines already. The issue only happened in one of them. Maybe there is some small specific corrupted file in my Windows giving this problem.

I think you are right, one isolated case is not enough to justify publishing a troubleshooting on that issue.

At least we found a workaround. While I do have two PCs, the oldest one has no sound at the moment (hardware problem), so I really needed Denemo to work on the new PC.

Currently I am writing scores everyday with Denemo!

If there is anything  I can do to help testing Denemo in the future let me know. =)

Livre de vírus. www.avg.com.

Em dom., 12 de jul. de 2020 às 15:11, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com> escreveu:
On Sun, 2020-07-12 at 12:15 -0300, José Celso Freitas Pianista wrote:
> Thanks very much for the support!
>
> Maybe it would be nice to add this issue on the FAQ section or a
> TROUBLESHOOTING section. Maybe other users are having this issue.
>
> Another possibility is to add a tip on the error message: "Try to
> save on c:/midi" or something like that. Just a thought...

Until more than one user reports this it wouldn't be wise to do that.
I've just run this latest version on an old Windows laptop and it saved
a MIDI file to the desktop just fine. I've also looked into the libsmf
code that does the saving and it is very straight forward opening the
file in "wb+" mode as a buffered file and doing a close on it, with
every call checked (unfortunately any error messages from libsmf are
inaccessible on that windows binary). So it is very strange indeed - it
is possible to run the Windows binary under a debugger, but very
technical. We will have to await any other users of Windows 10
reporting on the issue. (Or perhaps you can try another machine?)
Please report anything else strange that may turn up.

Richard

--
Prof. José Celso Freitas.
Tim - (81) 99548-4078