Re: Keyboard use (was Re: A few questions about using Denemo on Windows)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Keyboard use (was Re: A few questions about using Denemo on Windows)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:24:32 +0100

On Tue, 2020-08-11 at 21:10 +0200, Petr Pařízek wrote:
> But surprisingly, when I launched it for the very first time, one of
> the
> two windows (I think it was the one with the print view) suddenly
> gave
> me something like: "Denemo.exe has terminated unexpectedly." After a
> while, however, it reopened automatically again.

There is no sort of "re-launch" routine in Denemo - I suspect that
somehow two instances of Denemo had got launched at once, one of them
died and then the other was finally able to appear.

> But that's still not all. No matter if I ran it for the first or
> second
> or maybe fifth time, I always got a lot of error messages,

There are a lot of error messages at startup especially on Windows, but
nothing bad comes of them - some of them are just things like the audio
library looking for possible hardware and reporting errors when it
doesn't find something that is useful to it.

>  both from my
> original command prompt window and from inside Denemo itself.
>
> Just for you to know, I've attached three text files to this
> message.
> The one called "denemo0" contains the messages popping up right in
> my
> terminal window, "denemo1" contains the messages Denemo gave me when
> run
> for the first time, "denemo2" contains messages that Denemo gave me
> when
> run for subsequent times.

The only unusual thing I could see in those files was the mention of
not finding the gail:atk-bridge module - I guess this was launched with
the environment variable GTK_MODULES set and it would seem that the
appropriate bit of Gtk is missing from the Denemo package :(