Re: Using both score titles and movement titles

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: Using both score titles and movement titles
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 13:30:41 +0100

On 1/24/21 12:53 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sun, 2021-01-24 at 09:05 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
>> When using both score titles and movement titles, I get strange
>> effects
>> with duplicated entries in the print. See e.g. attached test score
>> with
>> score titles and a movement title only in the second movement.
>
> Yes, I see the same. I think you can't combine simple score titles with
> simple movement titles - the simple score titles are for the case where
> there is only one movement. For multi-movement scores you can use
> movement title in the first movement for the overall title and then
> movement subtitle for each movement's title. Attached is your example
> modified like that.
> I don't think this is explained anywhere, I just had to work it out
> myself just now :(

The Lilypond documentation at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/creating-titles-headers-and-footers
suggests that this is intended behaviour, although I found it quite
unexpected. I have now fixed my problem by inserting an additional empty
MovementTitles block as shown in attached score.
By the way, is there a possibility to remove an entry of MovementTitles
or ScoreTitles once set other than editing the fields in the Low Level
Denemo Directive Edit dialog?

Andreas