Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0

From: Robert Lewis
Subject: Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 13:00:18 -0300

Hello Richard -

On Saturday, October 23, 2021 5:36:34 A.M. ADT Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2021-10-22 at 15:44 -0300, Robert Lewis wrote:
> > Hello Richard -

> > > left-click starts playback from the object left-clicked on. Right-
> > > click
> > > gives you a menu - if you are off any object it is the (Help for
> > > Tweaks, Red dots and crosses, Score size) menu whereas if you are
> > > on an
> > > object (hand pointer) it gives you the context sensitive menu for
> > > tweaking.
> >
> > That is what happened when I was using v. 2.4.0 (Andreas Schneider's
> > .deb
> > packages) in Debian Stretch, but not with v. 2.5.0 from the Debian
> > repository
> > for Bullseye, nor with v. 2.4.3 from Andreas Schneider's Bullseye
> > .deb
> > packages.
> >
> > Right-clicking does give me the the menu you described, but that is
> > the only
> > menu I get when clicking on or off an object.  I do not get the
> > context
> > sensitive menu for tweaking when I right-click an object.
> >
> > Also, playing straight away does not happen when left-clicking on a
> > note.
> >
> > > Incidentally, if you have already clicked an object (blue square on
> > > the
> > > object) then left-clicking will give you the context sensitive
> > > menu,
> > > rather than just starting playing straight away, you can play from
> > > that
> > > menu anyway.
> >
> > The blue square does not appear, and the context sensitive menu is
> > not
> > available.

> > > so, right not left click.
> > >
> > > Richard
> >
> > Everything works as expected in v. 2.4.0 on  Debian Stretch, it's
> > only with
> > .deb packages for Bullseye that I have this problem.
> >
> > Any other suggestions or recommendations?
>
> The symptoms you are describing indicate that working back from the
> note in the pdf to the Denemo Display is not working.
>
> 1) What is the output on the terminal when you try to click on a note
> in the Print View?
> 2) When you hover over a title does a link (starting Scheme: ...)
> appear?
> 3) When you hover over a note does a link (starting textedit:// ...)
> appear? (see attached)
>
> what version of LilyPond are you using? (In the Scheme window execute
>
> (d-InfoDialog (d-GetLilyVersion))
>
> to get that.
>
> If the link appears in (3) above, open the file in /tmp that is
> specified in the link and look at the line and column number indicated
> to see if it is the right place (send the file and link text if you
> don't read LilyPond syntax at all).
>
> HTH
>
> Richard
> BTW please use "Group Reply" or "Reply to All" so that those searching
> [...]

Sorry for not doing a Reply to All in my previous post.

To answer your questions:

1.A. Debian Bullseye, Denemo v. 2.5.0
     A left-click give no reply
     A right-click gives the same menu when right-clicking anywhere
          (Help for Tweaks, etc)
1.B. Debian Buster, Denemo v. 2.5.3
     A left-click starts the playback, as intended

2.A. Debian Bullseye, Denemo v. 2.5.0
     The link does not appear
2.B. Debian Buster, Denemo v. 2.5.3
     The link does appear

3.A. Debian Bullseye, Denemo v. 2.5.0
     The link does not appear
3.B. Debian Buster, Denemo v. 2.5.3
     The link does appear

Debian Bullseye uses LilyPond v. 2.22
Debian Buster uses LilyPond v. 2.18

I'm attaching the two .ly files from the /tmp folder:
 for Bullseye:  denemo250printA.ly
 for Buster:  denemo253printA.ly

I've also attached the .denemo file I created in Bullseye.  I hope these files
will help.

Robert